Run for America, a New York City based bipartisan candidate recruitment and public impact training organization, is excited to be hiring a new Chief of Staff!
The COS is the day-to-day operations and project and staff manager. They work directly with the CEO to manage project teams, vendor and partner relationships, oversee most elements of company operations and logistics, work on strategic and special initiatives, and participate with RFA’s primary education/training subsidiary/partner, Pathways for America.
- Work directly with CEO to build out long-term growth plans for organization
- Identify and coordinate strategic partners to work with on long-term growth plans
- Work directly with CEO to build strategic initiatives and/or provide feedback on strategic initiatives
- Assist CEO in managing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly priorities for organization and individuals
- Assist CEO with short and long-term personnel planning
- Lead creation of company-wide strategy and pitch materials
- Lead and facilitate company-wide strategy and working sessions with CEO support
- Maintain organization-wide budget, with input and feedback from CEO
- Approve all expenses and payments across organization
- Manage all HR issues for organization employees
- Manage email and internal systems administration
- Lead end-to-end hiring for organization, including staffing plan, job description creation, candidate sourcing, interviewing, hiring, contracting, etc.
- Lead spring, summer, and fall internship programs including sourcing, recruiting, and management
- Assist with for-profit and non-profit fundraising efforts
Team & Vendor Management
- Oversee all vendor relationships (e.g. Accounting, Legal, Compliance, PR, etc.) including regular check-in calls, contracts and payments, managing work projects and timelines, etc.
- Assist team members in prioritizing and time management, and provide support for specific initiatives/projects or when asked
- Provide feedback and professional development to all team members (regularly or as needed)
- Plan and host team building events throughout the year
- Manage project implementations, timelines and teams
- Liaise between CEO and other project and work stream leads
- Provide feedback and support to other project leads on a regular or ad hoc basis
This position is located is a full-time position based in New York City, and is best suited for someone with 2-5 years of work experience with a BA/BS. They are organized, interested in politics and political change, have team and project management experience, and are willing to work in ambiguous situations with long hours. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or Google Drive (i.e. Sheets, Documents) is preferred. This position includes health, vision and dental benefits.